Hand Stitched Silk + Velvet Patchwork Reversible Kimono M|L
- Absolutely stunning and one of a kind, hand made silk velvet patchwork robe! AND it's reversible!
- The robe features include vibrant velvet and satin silk patchwork pieces hand sewn together with herringbone stitches, trimmed with solid brown luxe silk fabric - the same that lines the entire robe and can be worn on the outside!
- The brown looks like it may have been black at one point and has developed a brown patina over time.
- When reversed, the shell will become the solid brown silk fabric and the lining becomes the patchwork pieces.
- The herringbone stitches show on the reverse side along the sleeve hems - an alternate option is to cuff the sleeves so the patchwork side shows!
- Almost the entire robe is hand sewn - some of the lining is machine sewn.
- No pockets on either side.
- A beautiful piece and so soft!
Fits like a modern size | Medium or Large
Material | feels like silk
Tag size | n.a.
Label | n.a., handmade
Measurements taken lying flat - double the bust, waist and hips for true measurement.
Shoulders (seam to seam) | 22"
Sleeve length (shoulder seam to sleeve hem) | 17.5"
Bust (armpit to armpit) | 21" (42")
Hips | 19" (38")
Length (shoulder seam to hem) | 39.5"
*Mannequin measures 34.5x24x34 and fits a modern size Small in tops and XS in bottoms.
*Model is 5’6” with measurements of 36x30x42 and fits a modern size Medium in tops and Medium/Large in bottoms (depending on the cut and label).Vintage condition (out of 10) | 8
See the last 5 photos for flaws! Some of the silk panels have disintegrated (not velvet), and there are small tears and stains (that look like burn marks) in different spots. It is still in remarkable condition for its age and the reverse solid silk side is in perfect shape!